Hsinchu, Taiwan and Santa Clara, California, 10/17/2018 — ITEQ Corporation, a Taiwan based global leader in the development and manufacture of copper-clad laminates for printed circuit boards (PCBs), announced today the introduction of its new IT-8338A and IT-8350A products for use in Antenna and LNB applications.
IT-8338A, with a nominal dielectric constant of 3.38 +/-0.04 and a dissipation factor of 0.0038@ 10 GHz, is a product intended for LNB and antenna applications.
IT-8350A, with a nominal dielectric constant of 3.50 +/- 0.04 and a dissipation factor of 0.004 @ 10 GHz, is the next generation product for Antenna applications.
The above products are based on thermoset systems with Tg of 185 ℃ and Td higher than 360 ℃.
The main advantage of these products over incumbent products is that these are FR4 products that deliver the best cost/performance ratio on the market.
The products offer excellent dimensional stability as a result of their thermoset make up:
- IT-8338A and IT-8350A offer very stable DK/Df with temperature and humidity: TCDK is ~35 ppm/℃.
- The IT-8338A and IT-8350A products are not prone to oxidation and issues related to thermal aging that are common with the incumbent products.
- A full prepreg offering is available.
- These products are highly suitable for hybrids and also offer the ability to make pure package high layer-count boards due to a full prepreg offering. The fabrication process is much simpler and more user-friendly compared to the incumbent products, and offers higher yields, better drillability, and superior registration, all at a lower cost of ownership.
- RTF and HTE copper options are standard and Rz2 and Rz1 (Surface roughness <2 and <1 micrometer, respectively) copper options are also available. One major advantage with these products is the option to use very low profile (VLP) copper for reduced insertion loss and PIM.
The laminate offering includes 20, 30, and 60 mil thick laminates as well as optional thinner laminates as required for multilayer applications.
These products will be manufactured in ITEQ’s facility in Taiwan and distributed globally and are available for sampling and building test vehicles with customers. The data sheets for these products are available at www.iteq.com.tw.
About ITEQ Corporation
Based in Hsinchu, Taiwan since its founding in 1997, ITEQ Corporation is a global leader in the development and manufacture of copper clad laminate materials used for printed circuit boards (PCBs).
The company has always been committed to developing the highest quality and most reliable laminate material products, through dedicated and focused cutting-edge research and development and state-ofthe-art manufacturing facilities and methods. ITEQ has grown to become one of the largest manufacturers of copper clad laminates and its products are used for advanced multilayer printed circuit boards that go into a wide range of applications, including automotive, aerospace, servers, storage, mobile phones, communications, and other electronic equipment. For more information about ITEQ please visit www.iteq.com.tw